Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here are the major fields of physics, look over them and discusses your preference with us!
Chaos - the study of systems with strong sensitivity to initial conditions, so a slight change at the beginning quickly become major changes in the system
Chemical Physics - the study of physics in chemical systems
Computational Physics - the application of numerical methods to solve physical problems for which a quantitative theory already exists
Cosmology - the study of the universe as a whole, including its origins and evolution
Cryophysics / Cryogenics / Low Temperature Physics - the study of physical properties in low temperature situations, far below the freezing point of water
Crystallography - the study of crystals and crystalline structures
Electromagnetism - the study of electrical and magnetic fields, which are two aspects of the same phenomenon
Electronics - the study of the flow of electrons, generally in a circuit
Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics - the study of the physical properties of "fluids," specifically defined in this case to be liquids and gases
List provide by about.com (Physics)

5 comments:

  1. Cosmology would be my preference. The first time I was interested in learning about science was when I learned about the plantes and outer space. Its safe to say it still fascinates me. What would be your preference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmology would be my preference as well. I find it interesting to study that which is beyond our own realm of understanding as a whole. Also, with evolution being a big center of debate in the scientific world I would rather study and discover the science behind the theory of evolution for myself. Which area would be of least interest to you and for what reason?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semira- I would prefer Cosmology too. There are so many unknowns that are waiting to be solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally find Chaos physics, as I'm intrigued by the idea that one small change can alter the entire course of a reaction or even history, and cosmology. I love outer space, I've always been fascinated by it and I think it's crazy to know that "space", "outer space" goes on forever, that it's endless and that we'll never know its bounds and its full contents. Those are the two topics that interest me most.

    Rebekah Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of electromagnetic energy, here's an article discussing a new weapon currently in design and production by the US Navy. Steven DiGiannurio did a presentation on this weapon this week in our naval science class and in my opinion, it's the most interesting weapon I've heard of. It's the Electromagnetic Rail Gun. Check out this article and let me know what you think.

    http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-06/electromagnetic-railgun

    It's scary impressive.

    ReplyDelete